Frequently Asked Questions
When can I use MyVirtualMPC?
MyVirtualMPC is your access to local doctor for answers to your health questions through your computer or mobile device.
Feeling sick and think you might need a prescription? Have a bad cut and aren’t sure if you need stitches? MyVirtualMPC’s doctors can answer all your questions.
MyVirtualMPC gives you the peace of mind of knowing if you should "just go back to bed and touch base in the morning," or if you should "go to the emergency room."
How do I use MyVirtualMPC?
MyVirtualMPC was built to work just like the text messaging app on your phone. Once you’re logged in, you can immediately start texting or schedule a video appointment with the doctor.
Why should I use MyVirtualMPC?
- MyVirtualMPC is available at no extra cost to members of Maryland Physicians Care
- Safely text and video chat with a local doctor using your computer or mobile device
- Get the answers, diagnosis and treatment you need from a local doctor
- Recieve the care you need from 9am to 9pm, 365 days a year
- Avoid long lines. With MyVirtualMPC, you’ll get a response within 3 minutes.
How do I access MyVirtualMPC?
For Mobile Users
- An iOS device (iPhone 5s/iPad 4th generation) with the latest operating system updated (iOS 10+) and the MyVirtualMPC iOS app installed
- An Android device (less than 2 years old) with at least Lollipop (5.1) and the MyVirtualMPC Android app installed
For Computer Users
- A modern desktop or laptop computer (ideally less than 3 years old)
- Operating System: PC-Windows 7+, Apple-OSX 10.6+
- Desktop Web Browser: Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox are preferred web browsers because they update automatically
- Internet Explorer 11 and mobile Chrome, Safari and Firefox are not supported for provider usage – they are not fully compatible with MyVirtualMPC’s video chat
- High speed internet connection of at least 3.0 Mbps Download / 1.0 Mbps Upload speeds for optimal use
- Webcam (most modern computers have a webcam built in)
- Microphone (most computers and webcams have a microphone built in)
Register for MyVirtualMPC at MyVirtualMPC.com:
- All fields in the form are required – please complete the form with information about the patient themselves, and not the caretaker;
- Please ensure you add your Member ID number from your Maryland Physicians Care Member Card;
- You can hit the tab key on your keyboard to move between form fields;
- You must verify you are a human completing the form, not a robot, by completing the CAPCHA at the bottom of the form;
- One you complete the form, press the REGISTER FOR MyVirtualMPC button and you will see a confirmation page with the message: Your registration has been received! You should receive an email from MyVirtualMPC to confirm your account and complete your registration.
Complete your registration:
- After completing the above form, an email will be sent to you from email@example.com. If you don’t see the email right away, be sure to check in your junk/spam folder.
- You must click on the link in this email to complete your registration and gain access to the platform.
Using MyVirtualMPC for the first time:
- There is an ER physician on call at all times! After typing in your first message, the typical response times are only a matter of minutes.
- The ER physician is there to quickly and efficiently help you – stay online after you send your message please
- If you need immediate assistance, please call 1-844-363-7463 (EmergMD). Thank you.
Have more questions?
Are you a provider?
- Check out the 24-hour Follow Up form.